Who I am
I bring 6+ years of PR experience at the agency level, working with clients from Indigenous Tribes and nonprofits to the C-suite. Before my life at agencies, I pursued a career in journalism. A few highlights include a one-month training placement at the BBC World Service, an 8-month staff writing job at an English-language Korean American magazine, and an assortment of internships and freelance gigs at NPR-affiliated stations (KPCC, KQED, KNKX). While brief, cutting my teeth in journalism means I bring a keen sense for how to effectively navigate media and pitch compelling human-centered stories.
WE Communications | Account Manager (Current)
The short: I work with a Fortune 100 tech company focusing on executive communications, and support the CMO and CDO across individual platform messaging from social management to media interviews and speaking opportunities.
- Develop and execute external communications strategy, with a focus on top-tier media engagements and creative social content.
- Manage reactive and crisis comms cycles; this has included helping to manage customer and partner messaging in light the COVID-19 pandemic and navigating ongoing questions related to racial justice movements.
- Prep and support throughout events and speaking opportunities, from talking point development to social amplification.
- Support across key marketing moments, including Super Bowl advertising and holiday season.
Impact & recognitions:
- Supported my client in launching its first-ever global diversity and inclusion event
- Led a team through an organic audience growth strategy across social, helping to increase platform followers by nearly 40% in less than six months
- Provided PR support for an award-winning national advertising campaign
GMMB | Account Supervisor (March 2018 to October 2019)
The short: I helped clients find creative communications solutions to distill complex ideas and package them for a general audience, leveraging digital channels and paid advertising to amplify priority messages.
- Developed and executed multi-channel strategic communications plans.
- Developed site content strategy in collaboration with account and creative teams from concept to delivery.
- Assisted in market research, including formative audience research and creative concept and message testing.
- Drafted original, research-based content, including op-eds, blogs, newsletters, and issue-specific presentations.
- Managed social channels and developed original social media content.
- Provided support pitching news stories to local, state, and national markets.
- Supported new business cultivation, including proposal research and development.
Impact & recognitions:
- Supported an award-winning public health campaign reaching youth and young adults
Pyramid Communications | Project Manager (July 2015 to March 2018)
The short: I managed state and national campaigns, from contract to final deliverable; helped lead full creative rebrands, event development and scripting, and multi-channel content development; and provided crisis communications support.
- Developed and executed upon communications strategies.
- Developed social editorial calendars and content; drafted and disseminated media releases; drafted and pitched op-eds and feature stories; managed internal and external communications, including blog and newsletter content.
- Provided media support and counsel in crisis situations; tracked and reported media and social impact.
- Managed projects in collaboration with the account director and worked closely with the creative team to execute upon timelines and ensure deliverables moved forward, on time and within budget.
- Managed client relationships and communicated regularly with clients on project details
Impact & recognitions:
- Served as a media liaison for Standing Rock Sioux tribal leadership during the #NoDAPL movement, helping manage public rhetoric during a cycle of near-daily breaking news.
- Supported a historic Black, anti-poverty Seattle organization—the organization’s second rebrand in five years and during a time of organizational transition—and in doing so, uncovering and honoring the story of a Black woman who marched to desegregate schools, saved libraries, and inspired her community.
- Crafted messages to encourage first- and second-generation Korean Americans to increase their civic engagement.
- Developed a series of feature stories for the W.K. Kellogg Foundation to share how everyday people are taking back local agriculture to improve health and support local economies.